“I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling 22″
In celebration of surviving 22 years on Earth, here are 22 facts about me that you may or may not already know. I hope this gives you a little insight into who I am 22 years on.
Let’s start off simple;
- I can roll my tongue; okay so not the most amazing talent in the world, but I am genetically blessed to be able to do this. Can you roll your tongue?
- My favourite colour is pink. A little cliché I know, and while I don’t often admit to it, it is very evident throughout my house…
- I have 1 sibling. Ashleigh, my younger sister, by 3 years. While photo evidence shows that I did not appreciate her presence initially, she has become my closest friend.
- My favourite holiday is Christmas. Lights. Gingerbread. Carols. Movies. Pyjamas Family. I even made my own Christmas PJ’s this year with my Mum ~ thanks, Mum!
- I have my very own flower. Thanks to my Grandad being a world-renowned chrysanthemum breeder, I have my own flower ~ Seaton’s Brittany!
- I have been to 12 Countries! (Australia, Austria, France, England, Belgium, Turkey, Switzerland, Italy, Vatican City, Germany, Netherlands, and the Czech Republic.) Although this will soon change, I’m sure of it!
- I was the first person in my family to officially attend university! I graduated with a BSc Nursing and on the Vice Chancellors List ~ Top 1% of undergraduates in my final semester!
- I am currently studying again: Graduate Certificate in Paediatrics.
- I have fractured approximately 8 bones ~ Although I have lost count now.
- I moved out of home at age 17 for university ~ and officially moved out at age 20 for my first job!
- There are 15 seasons equivalent to 317 episodes to Grey’s Anatomy, and I have seen every single one… multiple times over. *superhero pose, “It’s a beautiful day to save lives”
- I hate horror films ~ do not even try to get me to watch one, never going to happen! Although recently I did tough it out and binge “Stranger Things”, does that count as horror?
- I am almost always early for everything ~ the thought of being late gives me anxiety.
- Mum taught me to be colour coordinated from a young age ~ now I won’t be caught dead without being colour coordinated even I am not leaving the house, right down to underwear and socks ~ TMI?
- My middle name is May. No, not after the month, but after one of my grandmothers.
- My least favourite season is Winter – the cold and I do not work well together (although I would really love to witness a white Christmas at least once before I die).
- On my mother’s side I have both a German and Irish ancestry.
- I have a deep desire to be an author of a book, I have even attempted to on many occasions. I love writing and expression within writing. Maybe one day?
- I have a fear of thunderstorms ~ sounds silly I know, but it’s no lie. I can explain!
- I get the hiccups at least once per day if not more frequently. My Mum says that I ‘stole’ them from her because ever since I was born she’s never had them.
- I have never been drunk or hungover in my life, and I really don’t plan on doing so.
And, last but not least;
- I was born a month early; I was supposed to be a December baby.